Jeff Steiner's Americans in France.
Resource for people that would like to live or travel in France.
Attractions

Culture

Daily Life

Driving

Forum

Links

Moving Planner

Q & A

Reading List

Tidbits

Travel Planner

Expat Store
Apartments

ebooks

Driving

Insurance

Language

Property

Seminars

Tax

Terms &
Conditions

Terms of Service

Other

Testimonials

ForumNew MessageAll MessagesRead Message

Subject: Banking
Date: Thursday, January 06, 2005
Name: Tami Kramer
Message: I am an American living in France, paid in US Dollars with most of my outgoings in Euros. I am looking for a bank which will allow me to have an account in US Dollars (Compte devise) with internet access to the account, so I can change money into Euros as I need it.

Does anyone know of such a bank? Credit Lyonnais advertises that they are completely online... so I wonder if they could help me. Credit Agricole allows me to have a dollars account, BUT I can't see it from their online software so cannot see when my salary is credited and cannot change to Euros online.

Thanks in advance!

Tami

Replies Posted 2.

Name john
Message Your best bet is the next time back in America,open a bank account and have them issue you a Bank Card that you can use anywhere in the world. The French uses only Euros these days. They don't accept the dollar. Good Luck!

Name Genevieve
Message A publication I picked up at the French consulate in San Francisco has an advertisement for Bank of the West, "La seule banque californienne a l'accent francais." It's a division of Banque Nationale de Paris. The main California office is at 295 Bush Street, San Francisco 94104; phone (415) 765-4886. Perhaps they'll have what you're looking for.

for Car Hire France
Car Hire Toulouse Car Hire Geneva Car Hire Avignon Car Hire Pau

Google
  Web www.americansinfrance.net

Amazon Honor System Learn More

HomeBack

ContactNewletter

Classifieds

Documents

Support

Advertise

Travel Store