TrafficFrench Traffic Zones
Frecnh traffic zones were updated in 2014.
France is divided into six traffic zones:
- 1. Ile-de-France (Paris/Ile de France region)
- 2. Grand Ouest et Nord (Northwest/North region)
- 3. Bourgogne et Est (Burgundy/East region)
- 4. Rhône-Alpes-Auvergne (Rhône-Alpes/Auvergne region)
- 5. Sud-Ouest (Southwest region)
- 6. Arc Méditerranéen (Mediterranean Coast region)
The traffic zones more or less follow the French school zones and are used to estimate the amount of traffic on a given day. Generally speaking the heaviest traffic is around school holidays and the summer vacation period, July and August.
The information listed in the traffic pages should only be used as a guide and it is suggested that when traveling by car in France you listen to the radio. The French Autoroute station is107.7, it has hourly updates of traffic conditions in France.
For more information see the French Transportation Minister's web site for traffic.
Sign-up for the FREE Americans in France newsletter.
Just type in your e-mail address and click 'Subscribe'.